I'm not a chef. Or a recipe-writer. So these numbers are approximate.
My good friend Mikel joined me on IGLive to make a quick and easy weeknight meal. We did a play on something as simple as spaghetti. Instead of opening a jar of Prego, though, we opened a jar of Zanzibar Curry Simmer Sauce. Instead of wheat pasta, we used Edamame Pasta. Instead of ground meat, we used shrimp. Otherwise, it was a paint-by-numbers meal. Easy, breezy, delicious.
We served it a Keto Flatbread "biscuit" topped with onion sauce. Just follow the directions on the flatbread bag and brush with the Yassa Traditional Onion Simmer Sauce.
Note: This photo is not Mikel's dish. But, what Mikel's dish should look like had this bowl had kale in the sauce.
- 1/8 jar Yassa Traditional Onion Simmer Sauce or you could use the Yassa Signature Onion Simmer Sauce
- 1/2 jar Zanzibar Curry Simmer Sauce
- 10-12 raw shrimp, deveined
- 1 box Edamame Pasta
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss shrimp in Yassa sauce and let sit.
- Saute onion and kale in a little coconut - or olive - oil. Add Zanzibar sauce and let simmer.
- Boil pasta according to directions.
- Bake shrimp for 7-8 minutes.
- Toss everything together.