Posted by joseph on Jul 28th 2021
Recipe: Chocolate Mousse (Vegan!) with Fresh Berries
Chocolate mousse that just so happens to be vegan? Ummm, yeah!!
When Chef Joe Jacobsmeyer sent me this recipe, I was immediately excited. The photos looks so delicious! And then I realized it's a vegan chocolate mousse! I'm not vegan, but I do like to play around with vegan recipes, so I immediately looked around my kitchen and realized I had everything he used in the recipe on-hand, so I went to town, making my own. I do not have cute little Le Creuset ramekins (I worked for Williams-Sonoma for years; what the hell is wrong with me?), but I made do with some small pottery pieces from my grandparents that are roughly the same size. The end result? Happiness. It's so creamy and so delicious, and more importantly, so freakin' easy!
On all other blogs, they would have another 300-500 words before the recipe. I just added two photos and then you can see how it's done.
- 2 semi ripe avocados, mashed
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup Just Date Syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp Parisian Pastry Seasoning Blend (includes evaporated cane juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves & cardamom)
- Fresh Berries (I like blackberries and raspberries but you can use any you prefer)
- Place all ingredients in food processor.
- Blend until smooth, making sure there are no lumps of avocado or banana.
- Scoop mousse into mixing bowl.
- Fold in a cup of mixed berries of your choice.
- Scoop mousse into serving vessel and place in fridge for up to two hours to chill.
- Decorate with berries and serve chilled.
RECIPE: CHEF JOE JACOBSMEYER
PHOTOS: CHEF JOE JACOBSMEYER