Hazelnuts aren't just for making Nutella. Some quick facts:
- Hazelnuts pack more heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and iron compared to most other tree nuts.
- Compared to any tree nut, hazelnuts contain the highest level of folate, which may reduce risk of neural tube birth defects, depression and cardiovascular disease.
- Consuming just 1.5 ounces of hazelnuts per day may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, according to the U.S. Food & Drug Administration.
- Hazelnuts serve as a source of dietary fiber.
- Information compiled from USDA, FDA & DHHS.
Oregon boasts an ideal climate for growing the world’s highest quality hazelnuts. It’s in this corner of the world where temperate ocean, mountain and river climates meet with rich volcanic soils to create prime hazelnut-growing country. These Natural Oregon Hazelnuts celebrate the world’s highest quality hazelnuts and are a healthy and delicious snack.